Development Researcher, Donor Relations Advancement
The Development Researcher assists in the identification, research and prospect management of donors in major giving portfolios and prospect pipelines in order to ensure the Development Office reaches income and budget goals today and in the future.
- Use online research tools such as Lexis Nexis, Donor Search, and other online resources in order to update and maintain Department’s database with accurate donor information.
- Fill and maintain a flowing pipeline of prospects, using screening results and key indicators that suggest the capacity and proclivity to make significant upgrades in charitable giving to Heritage and/or Action.
- Conduct detailed research on biographical and financial background on donors in order to determine and apply capacity ratings and inform solicitation strategies.
- Maintain and manage major gift portfolios; inform contact and qualification strategies, capture accurate data and track relevant stages of donor lifecycle.
- Provide proactive and reactive research on donors and prospects attending events, being visited and cultivated and engaging with Heritage.
Job Type: PartTime
3-5 year of experience in donor research and/or major grant fundraising preferred
- Demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills with special attention to detail
- Computer Skills:
- Possess a working knowledge of a personal computer and various software programs, especially the internet as well as donor database software
- Special Skills/Requirements:
- “Team player” mentality
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Proactive, with demonstrated initiative and creative problem-solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of development and the donor lifecycle.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and with discretion.